WVHARDY-L Archives

Archiver > WVHARDY > 2008-10 > 1223523959

From: Richard Day <>
Subject: [WVHARDY] Robert and John Craigen
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:45:59 -0500

I am trying to learn more about the Craigen family. This includes

1.Robert Craigen, grantee of land in Hampshire County in 1773, and
Frederick County Virginia in 1765. He also purchased a lot in
Winchester in 1753.

2. son John Craigen apparently born 1769 in Winchester, married Mary
Lee of Hardy County, dying 1827. He had been a Sheriff of Hardy County.

3. his son Jacob I. Craigen, born Hardy County 1807, married in
Allegany Co. Maryland to Eliza Sein Parsons in 1833.

My interest comes from a biography of a descendant, Hubert Paxton
Wiggins of Indiana County, Pennsylvania, who states (in 1904) that
Robert married Susannah Perrin of Maryland. A cursory look at
internet data shows that John Craigen in his will mentions a daughter
named Susan Perrin as well.

While every fact I can easily find on the internet confirms this 1904
biography, I am searching for someone who has studied this family
better, and can allow me to firmly place Susannah Perrin as the second
daughter of John Perrin, 1711-1769, of Frederick County, Maryland.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Richard Perrin Day

This thread: