VanArsdale-L Archives

Archiver > VanArsdale > 1998-05 > 0895012130

From: "Charles Vanorsdale" <>
Subject: Re: [VanArsdale-L] Elizabeth Vanarsdale/Isaac Vanausdale
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:28:50 -0500

No, I don't think that's going to fit. Elizabeth Thrailkill was a daughter
of Isaac Vannausdle, not a McCoy. However, I'm the first to admit that the
Caleb line and its Shanklin/McCoy/Littlepage connections are hazy. I have
assumed that Caleb was Caleb Jr., son of Caleb who migrated directly from
Hunterdon County, NJ to Greenbrier County, VA, possibly along with a
brother Cornelius (you all KNEW there had to be a Cornelius in this story).

BUT, I am very interested in the support data you have for Elizabeth
Vanasdol's marriage to Silas Thrailkill and your connecting her to Caleb
(via children?)

Charles R. Vanorsdale

----------
> From: E D MOWRY <>
> Subject: Re: [VanArsdale-L] Elizabeth Vanarsdale/Isaac Vanausdale
> Date: Tuesday, May 12, 1998 9:04 AM
>
> Charles, in researching our VanAusdal/Vanausdol family, we have come to
> believe that Elizabeth Thrailkill is the widow of Caleb Vanausdol, born
> Elizabeth McCoy. She married Silas Thrailkill in LaGrange County,
Indiana,
> where the family moved after Caleb's death in Champaign County, OH.

> JoAnn's Van Arsdale Research:
> http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/r/a/m/Jo-A-Ramseyer/index.html
> Linda Wright's Van Arsdale Cemetery Pictures:
> http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/2428
> 1. Please remember to cite your sources
> and give credit where credit is due.
> 2. ROOTSWEB has made available an interactive search engine
> for messages posted in the Mailing Lists. It is located at:
> http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl
> 3. Roots Surname List, including 351,475 surnames
> submitted by 48,637 researchers, can be searched at RootsWeb:
> http://www.rootsweb.com/

This thread: