THAMES-L Archives

Archiver > THAMES > 2005-08 > 1122935736

From: "S D Holland" <>
Subject: Re: [THAMES] What Ever Happened to John Yancey? (Thames family in Clayton County, Georgia)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:35:36 -0400

Donna: In keeping all of this together.

William had a daughter Sirena Thames who married Lovic Hodnett. She and
Lovic seperated in 1865 and she moved back home with her father. Lovic and
Sirena were divorced in 1868 and he went to Alabama. Lovic is buried in
Macon County, Ala at Armstrong Methodist Church.

Sirena is found 1870 census living with her father and keeping house. She
has three children, Sarah, Joseph , died in Milledge State Hospital at
Milledgeville. and George.

Sarah married George Waddy and thy had a daughter Minnie Lois Waddy and a
dau Bessie Waddy. Bessie Waddy married Pink Lester Thames, b/o of Sirena
Thames Hodnett. Yes that is correct. Bessie was the g daughter of Sarah
Thames Hodnett.

William's son James T. Thames is living next to him.

James T Thames who married Mary E Allen had a daughter Mattie M. Thames-abt
1862. This is the Mattie Mrs. Benefield is talking about. Her parents
lived close enough to William and on the same side of the road. I just bet
this is the Mattie Thames she is talking about. James T Thames wife was
Mary E Allen and they could have called her Mattie. Will try to find out at
the Thames family reunion in Sept. in Fayette County, GA.
Bet it was one or the other.

Mystery ????????????? Solved

William had a daughter Mary Emma who married Hugh H Mabry and they were
living in Thames House when it was sold and demolished 1954.

Shirley