SACKETT-L Archives

Archiver > SACKETT > 2004-08 > 1093901810

From: "Tom Smith" <>
Subject: Sacketts of North Haven CT
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:36:50 -0400

These are from the Vital records of North Haven, CT, held at the Town Clerk's Office, North Haven Town Hall, Washington Ave., North Haven, CT. ( Records restoration was done by Brown's River Bindery, Inc., Jericho, VT. no date noted)

These may have already been posted from the Barbour Collection but I'll post here anyway.

Births, Deaths, Marriages 1766 - 1855
Pg. 23 The children of Samuel Sackett and Abigail his wife were born as follows, vis
Isaac, born June 19th, 1769
Samuel, born March 2nd, 1771
Sarah, born April 15th, 1776
Abigail, born September 4th, 1782

Pg. 28 Daniel Sackett & Patty Brockett were married January 15th, 1812. Their children were born as follows, vis
Electa, born December 8th, 1812
Harvey, born December 7th, 1814
Ammi, born August 10th, 1817

Pg. 32 Lorenzo Sackett, son of Daniel & Patty his wife, born November 23 - 1820
Samuel Sackett, son of D. born March 9 - 1824
Betsey Anna, daughter of D. born February 12 - 1828

Births, Deaths, Marriages 1865 - 1887

Pg. 4, 1869
April 14 Samuel A. Sackett, age 46, white, mechanic, Birth Place- North Haven, residence- North Haven, Condition- Widower, #of Marriage- 2, by whom Married- Rev. W.J. Reynolds
note- I first thought this a death date but I believe this to be a marriage record, although no bride was named. Delia Culver was the 2nd wife of Samuel Alonzo Sackett, as noted in a biography of Martha Cluver Smith, daughter of Delia and Ammi Culver.

Pg. 12, 1873
June 10 Joseph Sackett, Disease - cancer, age - 62, male, single, born North Haven, Residence - North Haven, Farmer, parents not listed.

Pg. 20 1877
August 26 Ami Sackett, age 60, disease- paralysis, male, born - North Haven, condition - widower, farmer, white, Parents - Daniel & Polly (Patty) Sackett

Pg. 22 1878
Feb. 21, Patty Sackett, age 63, disease - Apoplexy, female, born - North Haven, condition - married, housewife, white, Wife of Harvey Sackett

Pg. 26 1880
March 26, Harvey Sackett,age noted 50-60, 60-70, (should be 66 if same Harvey listed above) born - North Haven, Residence - North Haven, male, Farmer, white, Widower, Disease or cause of Death - Typhoid Pneumonia.

Tom Smith

This thread: