McCARTY-L Archives

Archiver > McCARTY > 2006-07 > 1153543333

From: "K K SHAFFER" <>
Subject: RE: [McCARTY-L] Silas McCarty of Bucks Co., PA descendants DNA tested
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 04:42:13 +0000

Chris,

I am in contact with actual descendants of Silas McCarty. It is something
we have been talking about, getting the dna testing done.

I already have the Silas McCarty family tree done, lol, Im prepared

Kathy (Burden) Shaffer
Omaha, NE

First Generation

1. Silas McCarty. Born abt 1700 in Ireland. Silas died in Haycock Twp.,
Bucks Co., PA abt 1750, he was 50.

In 1722 when Silas was 22, he married Sarah Carrell, daughter of James
Carrell & Sarah Dungan. Born abt 1700 in Northampton Twp., Bucks County,
PA. Sarah died in 1760, she was 60.

They had the following children:
i.Carrell. Born on 15 Jul 1723. Carrell died bef 1759, he was 35.

Carrell married Tamar.

ii.James. Born on 1 Nov 1725.

James married Sarah.

iii.Silas. Born on 16 Apr 1727.

2iv.Benjamin (1731-1794)
v.Lydia. Born on 11 Aug 1733.

Lydia married Daniel Pursell. Born ca 1730 in Nockamixon.

3vi.Elizabeth (1735-<1804)
vii.Hannah. Born on 6 Oct 1737.

viii.William. Born on 29 Dec 1739.

4ix.Thomas (1741-1804)
5x.Paul (1743-)

Second Generation

2. Benjamin McCarty. Born on 5 Aug 1731 in Richland, Bucks County, PA.
Benjamin died in Bucks Co., PA on 27 Oct 1794, he was 63.

In 1757 when Benjamin was 25, he married Margaret Walton, daughter of Isaac
Walton SR. & Alice Davis. Born in 1736.

They had the following children:
i.Issac.

6ii.Sarah
7iii.Mary
iv.Alice.

Alice married Parker.

v.Margaret.

Margaret married David Lloyd.

vi.Elizabeth.

vii.Rachel.

viii.Jane.

ix.Silas. Born abt 1758.

8x.Benjamin (1763-1828)
9xi.William (1766-1813)

3. Elizabeth McCarty. Born on 30 Aug 1735. Elizabeth died in VA bef 1804,
she was 68.

ca 1760 when Elizabeth was 24, she married John Melvin, son of James Melvin,
in Bucks County, PA. Born in Springfield, Bucks County, PA. John died in
1804.

They had the following children:
i.Joseph.

ii.John.

iii.Thomas.

iv.Mary.

v.Samuel.

vi.Benjamin.

vii.Silas.

4. Thomas McCarty. Born on 2 Feb 1741. Thomas died in Muncy, Lycoming
County, PA on 9 Oct 1804, he was 63. Buried in 1804 in Walton Cemetery,
Muncy, Lycoming County, PA.

In 1765 when Thomas was 23, he married Elizabeth Lancaster, daughter of
Thomas Lancaster & Phebe Wardell. Born on 26 Aug 1748. Elizabeth died in
Quakertown, PA in Jul 1806, she was 57.

They had the following children:
10i.Phebe (1766-1850)
11ii.Samuel (1767-1846)
12iii.Silas (1768-1838)
13iv.Sarah (1769-1844)
v.Mary. Born on 19 Dec 1769.

Mary married Christian Savage. Born abt 1765 in Quakertown, Bucks County,
PA.

14vi.Joel (1771-1850)
vii.John. Born on 6 May 1773.

viii.James. Born on 11 Jun 1774.

ix.Jane. Born on 18 Sep 1775 in Hummeltown Twp., Northampton, PA.

On 27 Nov 1810 when Jane was 35, she married Isaac Ogden. Born abt 1771 in
Hummeltown Twp, Northampton, PA. Isaac died in 1835, he was 64.

15x.Elizabeth (1776-1861)
xi.Thomas. Born on 8 Mar 1778 in Hummeltown Twp., Northampton, PA.

Thomas married Margaret White. Born abt 1782 in Hummeltown Twp.,
Northampton, PA.

16xii.Job (1779-1845)
xiii.Hannah. Born on 19 Feb 1781 in Hummeltown Twp., Northampton, PA.
Hannah died in Woodbury, NJ on 6 Jun 1843, she was 62.

Hannah married Joseph Ogden. Born abt 1777 in Hummeltown Twp., Northampton,
PA.

17xiv.Benjamin (1783-)
18xv.Lydia (1790-1861)
xvi.Jesse.

xvii.Martha.

5. Paul McCarty. Born on 29 FEB 1743/44.

On 5 Nov 1766 when Paul was 23, he married Cassandra Williams, daughter of
John William Williams & Margaret, in PA.

They had one child:
i.Margaret.

Third Generation

6. Sarah McCarty.

In 1806 Sarah married Mitchell.

They had one child:
i.Mira

7. Mary McCarty.

In 1785 Mary married Peter Ashton, son of Robert Ashton & Sarah Thomas. Born
on 16 Aug 1760 in Springfield, Bucks County, PA. Peter died in Springfield,
Bucks County, PA on 30 Dec 1821, he was 61.

They had the following children:
i.Robert (1787-)
ii.Benjamin (1789-)
iii.Sarah (1791-)
iv.Samuel (1798-)

8. Benjamin McCarty JR. Born on 2 May 1763 in Bucks Co, PA. Benjamin died in
Muncy, PA in 1828, he was 64. Buried in 1828 in Walton Cemetery.

Benjamin married Mary Smallwood. Born on 10 May 1766 in Bucks County., PA.
Mary died in Rolling Prairie, LaPorte County, IN in 1865, she was 98.

They had the following children:
i.Andrew
ii.Arthur
iii.Benjamin
iv.Charles
v.Elizabeth
vi.Hannah
vii.Mary
viii.Thomas
ix.William
x.Isaac (~1792-)
xi.Mercy (1798-~1853)
xii.Maria (1806-1883)
xiii.James (1808-1901)

9. William McCarty. Born on 11 Mar 1766 in Richland, Bucks Co., PA. William
died in Muncy, Lycoming, PA on 21 Jan 1813, he was 46. Buried in 1813 in
Walton Cemetery, Muncy.

In 1787 when William was 20, he married Mary Lloyd, daughter of John Lloyd &
Mary David. Born on 26 Sep 1764 in Quakertown, Bucks Co, PA. Mary died in
Muncy, Lycoming, PA on 12 Aug 1838, she was 73.

They had the following children:
i.Benjamin (1788-1826)
ii.Margaret (1790-)
iii.Silas (1791-1831)
iv.Ann (1793-)
v.John (1794-)
vi.William (1796-)
vii.Mary (Molly) (1798-)
viii.Jane (1800-1878)
ix.Lavina (1802-1834)
x.David (1804-)
xi.Sarah (1806-1887)
xii.Seth L. (1808-)
xiii.Joseph (1810-)
xiv.Lloyd (1811-1899)

10. Phebe McCarty. Born on 8 Feb 1766 in Quakertown, Bucks County, PA. Phebe
died in Milford Twp., Bucks County, PA on 30 Mar 1850, she was 84.

On 4 Jun 1795 when Phebe was 29, she married Levi Roberts, son of Abraham
Roberts & Catherine Lester, in Richland, Bucks County, PA. Born on 10 Oct
1759 in Bucks County., PA. Levi died in Milford Twp., Bucks County, PA on 4
Jan 1846, he was 86.

They had the following children:
i.Elizabeth (1803-1858)
ii.Abigail (1808-1882)

11. Samuel McCarty. Born on 8 Nov 1767 in Quakertown, Bucks County, PA.
Samuel died in Muncy, Lycoming County, PA on 15 Oct 1846, he was 78.

On 20 Aug 1793 when Samuel was 25, he married Margaret Alice "Peggy" Green,
daughter of Samuel Green & Rachel, in PA. Born on 17 Aug 1774 in Richland
Twp., Bucks County, PA. Margaret Alice "Peggy" died in Muncy, Lycoming
County, PA on 27 Jan 1848, she was 73.

They had the following children:
i.Peninah (1794-1797)
ii.Katharine (1795-1871)
iii.Samuel (1797-1858)
iv.Charles (1798-1798)
v.Thomas (1802-1803)
vi.Ellis Walton (1803-1876)
vii.Jesse (1804-1839)
viii.James (1805-)
ix.Lewis Walton (1807-1876)
x.Phebe (1809-1894)
xi.Henry Wilson (1811-1854)
xii.Evan G. (1814-)

12. Silas McCarty. Born on 30 Nov 1768 in Quakertown, Bucks County, PA.
Silas died in Muncy, PA on 15 Oct 1838, he was 69.

In 1811 when Silas was 42, he married Laura Lyman, in NY. Born on 20 Feb
1794 in Kingsburg, Washington, NY. Laura died in Kingsburg, Washington, NY
on 20 Nov 1864, she was 70.

They had the following children:
i.Charlotte (1812-1844)
ii.Eloisa (1816-1854)
iii.Lyman Kennedy (1822-1872)
iv.Hiram T. (1825-)
v.Otis L. (1828-1899)
vi.Lucetta (1830-1894)

13. Sarah McCarty. Born on 19 Dec 1769 in Richland, Bucks County, PA. Sarah
died in Belmont County, OH on 31 Oct 1844, she was 74.

On 20 Oct 1786 when Sarah was 16, she married Judah Foulke, son of Samuel
Foulke & Ann Greasley, in Richland Twp., Bucks County, PA. Born on 18 Jan
1763 in Richland, Bucks County, PA. Judah died in Belmont County, OH on 30
Nov 1847, he was 84.

They had the following children:
i.Samuel M. (1787-1844)
ii.Eleanor (1789-)
iii.Mary (1791-)
iv.Ann (1792-1857)
v.Thomas McCarty (1795-1855)
vi.Elizabeth (1797-)
vii.Jane (1799-)
viii.Amelia (1801-)
ix.Cadwallder (1803-1879)
x.Jesse (1805-1875)
xi.Mercy "Marcy" (1808-)
xii.Grace (1810-)
xiii.Silas (1812-)
xiv.John (1817-1878)

14. Joel McCarty. Born on 16 Mar 1771 in Richland, Bucks County, PA. Joel
died in 1850, he was 78. Buried in 1850 in Freinds old burying ground at
Shunk, Fox Twp., Sullivan County, PA.

In Nov 1798 when Joel was 27, he married Ellen Roberts, daughter of Moses
Roberts & Jane. Born in 1781. Ellen died in 1844, she was 63.

They had the following children:
i.Aaron (1799-1874)
ii.Jesse (1802-1880)
iii.John (1804-1885)
iv.Elizabeth (1806-1881)
v.Jane (1809-1868)
vi.Silas (1811-1888)
vii.Joel (1814-1867)
viii.Joseph (1816-1896)
ix.Mary (1818-1898)
x.Sarah (1822-1892)
xi.Thomas (1827-1857)

15. Elizabeth McCarty. Born on 17 Sep 1776 in Hummeltown Twp., Northampton,
PA. Elizabeth died in Buckingham Twp., Bucks County, PA on 11 Jan 1861, she
was 84.

On 24 Sep 1806 when Elizabeth was 30, she married Samuel Thomas, son of
Edward Thomas & Alice Roberts, in Bucks County., PA. Born on 15 Jul 1760 in
Richland Twp., Bucks County, PA. Samuel died in Quakertown, Bucks County, PA
on 17 May 1847, he was 86.

They had the following children:
i.Amanda (1807-)
ii.Jervis (1808-)
iii.Louisa (1810-)
iv.Thomas (1811-)
v.Edward (1813-1883)
vi.Hannah (1815-)
vii.Benjamin (1817-)

16. Job McCarty. Born on 10 Aug 1779 in Hummeltown Twp, Northampton, PA. Job
died in PA on 19 Apr 1845, he was 65.

On 26 Oct 1808 when Job was 29, he married Jane Paxton. Born on 19 Nov 1781
in Hummeltown Twp, Northampton, PA. Jane died on 19 Apr 1846, she was 64.

They had the following children:
i.Martha
ii.Mary Ann
iii.Sarah E.
iv.Joseph Paxton
v.Thomas Weston
vi.Rachel
vii.Oliver C.
viii.James W.

17. Benjamin McCarty. Born on 20 Jul 1783 in Hummeltown Twp., Northampton,
PA.

On 15 Oct 1805 when Benjamin was 22, he married Elizabeth Lebo. Born on 31
Dec 1785 in Hummeltown Twp., Northampton, PA.

They had the following children:
i.Charles (1806-)
ii.Sarah (1808-)
iii.Henry (1810-)
iv.Ann Catherine (1812-)
v.John (1814-)
vi.Alfred (1816-)
vii.Mary (1818-)
viii.Thomas (1820-)

18. Lydia McCarty. Born on 16 Aug 1790 in Nothampton, Bucks County, PA.
Lydia died on 14 Aug 1861, she was 70.

In 1821 when Lydia was 30, she married Charles Leedom, in Bucks County, PA.
Born on 25 Jan 1793.

They had the following children:
i.Sarah (1821-)
ii.Jesse T. (1822-1891)