KYNELSON-L Archives

Archiver > KYNELSON > 2003-02 > 1045076282

From: Karl & Cecy Rice <>
Subject: [KYNELSON-L] Arabella (?) ANDERSON ASH STURGEON
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:58:02 -0600

> From Claudette Fulkerson...do you know how Arabella acquired the two
> hundred acres in or near Nelson County? Now, abt. her daughters, it
> appears all three settled in Muhlenburg county Ky. One married a Combs,
> the other a Walker and the third an Evans. There was a John Anderson
> living there at the time and he may have been Arabella's son.........
Claudette - this is what I have:

Arabella (maiden name unknown) Anderson Ash Sturgeon m. #1 John Anderson.
He died (I'm assuming) possibly in Nelson Co, KY, or possibly on the way or
before they left the east. I only know of the 3 girls that Arabella had
with John Anderson - Alice Evans, Sally Combs and Patience Ward is what I
have - does not match what you have. Don't know of a son but there could
have been one or more.
Then she m. #2 John Ash and had probably 2 children, John and Elizabeth
Ash. Then she m. #3 John Sturgeon.

Arabella filed for the 200 acres. " 1783 TREASURY WARRANT TO ARABELLA
ANDERSON - Arabella Anderson, 200 acres, Jefferson Co, KY, Warrant #3352.
Patrick Henry Esquire Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia to all to
whom these patents shall come....by virtue of the part of a land office
Treasury Warrant #1514 (or 1519 or 151? - cant read) and issued the 19 Feb
1783. There is granted by the said Commonwealth unto Arabella Anderson
assignee of William May [my note: he was a BIG land speculator/surveyor] a
certain tract of parcel of land containing 200 acres by survey bearing date
2 Aug 1873 lying and being in the county of Jefferson on the south branch
of the south fork of Nole linn (my note: Nolin) Calleo?[my note: ? could
this be "valley"?] Buffaloe Creek and adjoining Nourres Survey of 400 acres
that include the fork of said south fork of Nole linn aforesaid and bounded
as followeth to wit:[my note: long description.] ....Signed P. Henry"

Arabelle Anderson Ash and John Ash her 2nd husband later sold part of this
land in 1797. There may be other deeds that I missed in my trip to KY. The
land was in Nelson Co, KY later on when they sold it, but the legal
description is the same. Several of John Ash d. abt1799 went to IN. but
there was another unrelated Ash family there (or I assume unrelated)
(Harrison and Switzerland Co, IN). Hope this helps. Cecy Rice

This thread: