BREEDLOVE-L Archives

Archiver > BREEDLOVE > 2001-03 > 0984357328

Subject: Re: [BREEDLOVE-L] Fw: Benjamin Breedlove and wife Mary Watkins
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:35:28 EST

Hi Dot. I have just begun looking for my Breedloves. I found most of the
information in a book Breedlove Geneological History, Hope Perry Breedlove,
at the Georgia Archives.

Benjamin Breedlove B. Abt. 1741 in Charlotte Co. Va., m. Abt. 1759 Mary
Watkins b. abt. 1741 in Chickahominy, Henrico Co., Va. He died abt. 1793 in
Green Co. Georgia and she died abt. 1787 somewhere in Ga. Their children:
John Breedlove m. Nancy Parker and died abt. August 1833 in Montgomery, Al.
I have names of his children.
Benjamin w. Breedlove b. abt. 1764 m. Lettice (Letty) Wade in S. C. and died
abt. 1804 in Edgefield, So. Carolina. I have the name and some more on their
son.
Francis (female) Breedlove b. abt. 1766 in Virginia m. John Lamar abt. 1785
in Ga. Died October 4, 1841 in Clinton, Jones Co. Ga. Buried in Lamar
Cemetery, 5 mi. north of Haddock, Jones Co., Ga.
Thomas Breedlove b. Abt. 1771 in Virginia. Died in Morgan Co., Al.
Charles Breedlove b. abt. 1780 in Chalotte Co. Va.
Samuel Breedlove b. abt. 1782 in Charlotte, Va.
All of the above came from the Breedlove book and/or LDS site. According to
Ms. Breedlove, John Breedlove and Elizabeth Watkins were brother and sister
of Benjamin Breedlove and Mary Watkins. Elizabeth and her children came to
Ga. after John died. I have some info from the book on them.

Nathan Breedlove (my ancestor) son of Benj. and Mary. Born abt. 1773 in
Virginia
Wife unknown. Children: Nathaniel G. Breedlove (my ancestor) more on him
later.
John Watkins Breedlove died Sept. 1829; Ann Breedlove m. Unkown McDonald;
Leonard P. Breedlove died 1863 Taylor Co., Ga.; Martha F. Breedlove; Mary E.
Breelove; Adeline Breedlove. All of these names came from the Breedlove Book.

Nathaniel G. Breedlove b. Abt. 1802 (maybe Va.) married January 26, 1832 to
Dalilah Warren in Putnam Co. Ga. She had inherited a plantation from her
uncle William Warren in Hancock Co., Ga. Nathaniel died before January 27,
1863 (date of his will) in Hancock Co., GA. Dalilah was b. abt. 1813,
possible Putnam Co., Ga. , parents unknown, and died before 1860. Their
Children:

Mary Breedlove- no information
Julia A. Breedlove b. Abt. 1834 in Hancock Co., Ga. married Michael K. Butler
b. March 21, 1816 in Boherlahan, Co. Tipperary, Ireland. They married
December 4, 1856 in Hancock County, Ga. She died May 25, 1883 in
Milledgeville, Ga. and is buried in the Sparta City Cemetery in Hancock
County, Ga. He died Marvh 14, 1888 in Milledgeville, Ga. and is buried in
Sparta City Cemetery, Hancock Co., Ga.

Some of the above came from census records, marriage records, newspapers.
I'm in the process of checking with the Catholic Church in Macon, Ga. to find
out more on them. Their children were:

Richard W. Butler b. Sept. 30, 1857; Mary Butler b. June 20, 1859; Michael H.
Butler b. Dec. 3, 1860; Ellen Butler b. Feb. 22, 1863 married L. J. Barber
December 22, 1887 in Midway, Ga.; Robert E. Butler b. Sept 3, 1865 in Ga. m.
Jodie O'Brien October 18, 1893 at St. Joseph's Church in Macon, Ga. She and
their son died early
Michael A. Butler July 15, 1867 in Sparta Ga., Julia A. Butler b. october 9,
1871 in Ga. marrie Benjamin B. Whitfield on September 13, 1892 in Cedartown,
Polk Co., Ga. died abt. July 29, 1919 in Savannah, Ga. buried July 30, 1919
Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Ga. They are my great grandparents.

I was recently at the Ga. Archives in Atlanta and got some more information
on Breedloves from newspaper accounts but have not had any chance yet to
determine who they are.

On the Breedlove Genealogical Book: this appears to have been a compilation
of others research and/or memory on the Breedlove name. She has information
on Breedloves in Va., Ga., Indiana, Illinois, North and South Carolina and
perhaps other places. She felt certain that Benjamin and John Breedloves
were brothers and children of Charles Breedlove of Virginia. The genealogy
is hard to follow at times and there is no index. She does a good job of
citing her sources and letting you know if something was unproven. This was
done about 1956 so I doubt the lady is still alive.
Looking forward to hearing from you and anyone else connected to this family.
Mary Ellen

This thread: